ASP 84: Stephen Guise on Mini Habits and Writing Classic Books
“Be the person with embarrassing goals and impressive results instead of one of the many people with impressive goals and embarrassing results.”
– Stephen Guise
Stephen Guise is driven by his desire to find the most effective behavior change strategies. To help others maximize their potential, he has developed an array of unconventional, result-driven ideas. In particular, his ideas of extreme willpower conservation, no-motivation-required action plans, multiple-cue habit formation, success-cycling, and “stupid small” steps form the unique foundation of Mini Habits, which has been published in more than a dozen languages.
In this episode, Steve and Barrie talk with Stephen about his book, Mini Habits. He also shares his experiences with various book launches, creating a Udemy course, and writing a book that lasts.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- Stephen’s self-publishing backstory
- What led Stephen to write Mini Habits, an amazing first book that has been selling well for almost three years
- How Stephen launched Mini Habits and a peek into his sales on Kindle, other platforms and foreign language translations
- How Stephen maintains his Mini Habits sales
- How he turned the book into a Udemy course
- Recommended Mini Habits for authors
- Lessons learned from launching Stephen’s second book, How to Be an Imperfectionist
- Details about Stephen’s latest book, Mini Habits for Weight Loss
- Stephen’s plans for 2017 and beyond
Important Links and Mentions:
- Thinkertoys: A Handbook of Creative-Thinking Techniques by Michael Michalko
Books by Stephen Guise:
Turn your idea into a bestselling book!
Download your free copy of The Bestseller Checklist at APChecklist.com. Learn the 46 steps we personally follow when self-publishing our bestsellers.
Looking for a supportive community of writers and authors?
Be an Authority and join the Authority Self-Publishing Facebook group. Head over to Mastermind.pub.
Thanks for Listening to ASP!
We appreciate you taking the time to listen to the Authority Self-Publishing show.
Did you enjoy this episode?
If so, please do one (or all) of the following:
- Leave a comment on this page or ask a question if you need us to elaborate on the topic.
- Use the social media buttons to share this episode with your friends, family, and contacts.
- Go over to iTunes or Stitcher to leave a rating/review and to subscribe to the podcast.
We appreciate you taking the time to check out ASP! And we look forward to providing you with more content in the next episode!