ASP 64: How Parkinson’s Law Can Skyrocket Your Author Productivity
Get your FREE Self-Publishing Checklist! Click here to download the exact guide we used to sell over one million books.
Improved productivity means less human sweat, not more.
— Henry Ford
In this episode, Steve shares how he still maintain his productivity after being a father.
Though he no longer has the benefit of having the whole day to work on his business because of his new responsibilities, he found that he’s getting more things done now. He talks about Parkinson’s Law and how authorpreneurs can use it to increase productivity.
Basically, Parkinson’s Law states that “Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.”
By giving yourself a restricted amount of time to work on your books, you can come up with creative ways to get it done!
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- How to work and maintain productivity in the midst of life’s big changes
- Parkinson’s Law and how it applies to work-at-home authors
- How to streamline and prioritize your work
- How routine can help your creativity
- Practical ways to apply Parkinson’s Law and the tools you can use
- How to effectively use daily goals to maintain your productivity
How to Use Parkinson’s Law to Your Author Business:
- Break down your publishing process into specific steps (Check out The Bestseller Checklist.)
- Use ToDoist.
- Create a project for EACH book you’re working on.
- Write down the specific actions you need to take
- Create a “repeatable” task for your writing.
- Create deadlines for each one. Put it on a calendar.
- Be restrictive with these deadlines.
- Hire a virtual Assistant.
Important Links and Mentions:
- Parkinson’s Law on Wikipedia
- ASP 58: How to Use ToDoist for Your Author Business
- IFTTT Recipe for ToDoist and Google Calendar
- Virtual Staff Finder
Turn your idea into a bestselling book!
Download your free copy of The Bestseller Checklist at APChecklist.com. Learn the 46 steps we personally follow when self-publishing our bestsellers.
Thanks for Listening to ASP!
We appreciate you taking the time to listen to the Authority Self-Publishing show.
Did you enjoy this episode?
If so, please do one (or all) of the following:
- Leave a comment on this page or ask a question if you need us to elaborate on the topic.
- Use the social media buttons to share this episode with your friends, family, and contacts.
- Go over to iTunes or Stitcher to leave a rating/review and to subscribe to the podcast.
We appreciate you taking the time to check out ASP! And we look forward to providing you with more content in the next episode!