“All of us need to understand the importance of branding. We are CEOs of our own companies: Me Inc. To be in business today, our most important job is to be head marketer for the brand called You.”
– Tom Peters of Fast Company
In this episode Steve and Barrie discuss podcast tours and how authorpreneurs can benefit from this form of book marketing. Steve shares his plans on doing a podcast tour for the relaunch of one of his books.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- What a podcast tour is and why it’s a better to promote books
- What to look for in podcast shows you want to be on
- How Steve plans to do a podcast tour to relaunch one of his book titles
- How a podcast tour works in conjunction with other strategies
- Lessons from well-known authorpreneurs about launching books and products
- Should you craft your own questions for the show or let them come up with them?
- Tips from Nick Loper about creating a book-specific URL to use for podcasts
- How to craft your book’s message specifically for the podcast audience
- What kind of planning is involved in a podcast tour
- How many podcast interviews you should go for
- What kind of results to expect from a podcast tour
Important Links and Mentions:
- ASP 63: How to Create a Book Funnel for EACH Title
- ASP 62: A Strategy to Convert Readers into Email Subscribers
- Tim Ferris
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Chris Ducker
- Pat Flynn
- Hal Elrod
- James Altucher podcast
- BiggerPockets podcast
- iTunes Podcasts
- Mixergy podcast
- Side Hustle Show by Nick Loper
Looking for a supportive community of writers and authors?
Be an Authority and join the Authority Self-Publishing Facebook group.
Thanks for Listening to ASP!
We appreciate you taking the time to listen to the Authority Self-Publishing show.
Did you enjoy this episode?
If so, please do one (or all) of the following:
- Leave a comment on this page or ask a question if you need us to elaborate on the topic.
- Use the social media buttons to share this episode with your friends, family, and contacts.
- Go over to iTunes or Stitcher to leave a rating/review and to subscribe to the podcast.
We appreciate you taking the time to check out ASP! And we look forward to providing you with more content in the next episode!